Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Fruitful Weekend

This was a very fruitful weekend, or sould I say "vegetable".
This picture shows my first ripe, large tomatoes. I have had several tommy toe tomatoes, but they are not the same as my pink-skinned German Tomatoes.


Not only did I have tomatoes, but also squash and peppers. Not pictured are the 7 gallons of peas that were picked, 2 gallons of green beans, and enough cucumbers to make a half gallon of dill pickles.

I also picked 1/2 gallon of wild blackberries. I then boiled them and made 8 cups of juice. I intend on making jelly and freezing some for pies this winter.
I just love the summer!

2 comments:

chumly said...

I love fresh vegetables.

zakkalife said...

Nothing beats fresh home grown tomatoes. What fun to see everything you've produced. Makes me wish I had room for a garden in my yard.