Thursday, September 25, 2008

Reverse Applique Baby Quilt

I know I haven't posted in quite a while, but life often gets in the way of things I'd rather be doing. Last night, I finished this reverse applique baby quilt. I made this for a baby shower I'm going to Sunday afternoon. I used 12 recycled t-shirts. The only thing that is not recycled is the thread. I took a little help from my embroidery machine to create each flower, but the principle is the same as the quilt in the Alabama Stitch book. I knew that I did not have the time to embroider every flower by hand. Maybe next time I will.

The quilt measures 30 X 40. It is actually much prettier in person. It is also heavier than I expected. At least I know that it is the only gift there won't be two of at the shower. Here is a close-up of one of the squares.
I have plans for another quilt in the near future for another shower, probably next month. I am often suprised by how many people don't understand the things I make. I think a quilt is pretty straight forward, but I think I will keep it to myself , and you all, that it is a recycled project. I am not sure how the more traditonal gift giving ladies would feel about the fact it is made from "used" material. Any way, I think it pretty and very unique.

No comments: