Thursday, September 25, 2008

Mule Day 2008

Mule Day is festival in my home town of Winfield, AL. I'm sure many things come to your mind when you think about this event. I have only missed one Mule Day in my entire life, all 26 years of it. It may not seem like a big deal, but to small town like Winfield it is a very big deal. It is also a tradition for many people. It was started in 1981 and has grown every year since. Winfield is a town of about 5000 people. On Mule Day weekend, about 30,000 visit Winfield. There is a parade at 11:00 am on main street on Saturday morning. Yes, it has mules, but also floats, bands, tractor, Civil war soliders, etc. There are art & crafts, a flea market area, food for every taste, and rides for children. The Winfield website has additional information. www.winfieldcity.org/mule_day.htm

Here is a pic from last year. I will put some new pics up after Saturday.
If you are in the area or have a free day, it is definitely worth the drive. Maybe you'll even see me there.
Dates: Friday Night 09/26 and Saturday 09/27

No comments: